The purpose of this podcast is to firstly educate people about different shadowlands subjects, then secondly to entertain listeners without sensationalism. I simply present the information and let listeners decide for themselves.
TECHNICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- I will use Zoom to hold the interview. If you don’t have a Zoom account please click here to create one, it’s free.
- When it’s time for the interview, click this link. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6940536102
- Turn your camera on and audio on. The podcast will only be audio, but the video helps keep the interview conversational and I really like to see whom I am speaking with.
- I will record the interview.
- I’ll let you know as soon as the formal interview starts, however I will start recording as soon as we get on, in case something great gets said that we want to grab for the podcast.
- At the end of the show, we’ll pause for about 4 -5 seconds and then stop the recording.
- If you have a proper mic or earphones with a mic, please use it during our interview to avoid echo and to ensure good audio quality. iPhone earbuds work fine. If you don’t have either, then we’ll just work with your phone or your computer’s mike.
- Please find a quiet room to use while we interview
- A room with carpet and few windows makes for the best quality audio
- Silence your cell phone if we are not using this to record from
- Close all programs on your computer that make sounds (e.g., email, Facebook, etc.)
- Try to be mindful of sitting still. Please no physical activity of any description (apart from moving hands when talking if that is your normal style of speaking)
- Try to maintain a consistent distance from your microphone.
- I will edit each episode, but I don’t want to have to edit out anything fantastic you might have said because of background noise!
INTERVIEW DURATION AND FORMAT
The podcast interview will last from 45 minutes to two hours. I will ask questions about your experience as we go during the conversation. I’d like our interview to be more conversational, so I may not stick precisely to this format, but it’s a good guideline. Below is the very rough template of how the conversation will flow.
- Intro – I’ll introduce you as my guest, using the bio you sent me. This part of our conversation will be added in during the editing process.
- Background – You’ll briefly tell our audience about your background.
- Questions to get you to share your experiences, or understanding, or advice about the subject – then we can chat about any challenges you might have faced and how you overcame them. What insight perhaps these challenges gave you? The more details you can give the better, I will ask follow up questions to examine in more detail what you say.
- Closing remarks – Anything that you might like to say in closing, any snippets of wisdom you have gained from your experience.
WHAT I WILL NEED FROM YOU
If you want to be on our featured guests page (assuming you don’t want to be anon), then there are a few things that I need from you – preferably by the time we do our interview.
- A high quality head and shoulders (preferably) image of yourself minimum size of 600x600px
- A brief bio of yourself that can be added to the site
- Links to all your social media (and email, if you want to share your email as well).
- The podcast release from, signed and returned as soon as possible. You can download the Podcast Participation Release it from this page, but I will also send you a copy of it and the PODCAST INTERVIEW – Guest Instructions at our initial calendy meeting.
- Be yourself! Listeners want to connect with who you are so they can take your insights and advice to heart.
- Feel free to indicate the name of your website, your latest book and where people can get it (if that is what our conversation is based on), your social media where people can find you.
- Feel free to also ask me any questions at all during our conversation.
POST INTERVIEW INFO
I’ll let you know when your interview is aired. It will be available on the podcast website, from Apple Podcasts, Anchor, Spotify, Tunein, Stitcher, iHeart Radio – in fact all free podcasting platforms. I’ll shout about your episode from the rooftops about how awesome your interview went! I’ll also ask you to promote your episode to your network and social media outlets and give you specific guidance about when to do that.